<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 03, 2005

email: Xela


Hello!


So... I made it to Xela! But not first with a stop in Antigua and a short trip to Copan, Honduras.

Right now I´m staying with a family through the language school... I´m suppose to be staying with a family through CEDEPEM, the organization I will be working with, but ít´s a long and complicated story that I won´t go into. This family is only temporary (thank god) - the family
is nice, but my room is, as Kathy nicely put it, very simple. I think of it more as a sh*t hole - i.e. I´ve stayed at some cheap skethcy hostels, and this doesn´t even measure up to that. It´s a crazy not so wonderful adventure everytime I want to leave my room meaning I have to encounter 3 large dogs (one rather not so friendly), open-close 4 gates and manouvre my way through a maze of stairs. And this is simply to go to the bathroom. So... hopefully I will be able to move in with my original host family soon. CEPEDEM is also going to try and find me
a different family sooner =P

Anyways... other than that, things are great! My Spanish teacher is awesome and the school is really good. Class in the morning and work in the afternoon make for longer days, but it´s all good ;)

Cheerio!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?